Whether you are new to Enspiral or have been part of the community for a long time we ask you to come to Summer Fest with an open mind and to conduct yourself in a way that will help make your experience of the event as positive as possible. The key ingredients we know of that make these gatherings work include:
1. Authenticity - be yourself. There is no pressure to be any certain kind of person at Summer Fest. You can treat the event like a professional conference or a relaxed Summer holiday. Dress up, dress down. Be who you want to be.
2. Contribution - bring your best self and be ready to contribute. The fest works best when we are all giving and receiving rather than being consumers of an experience that ‘someone else’ is providing.
3. Preparation - it really helps if you come to the event rested, relaxed and ready to give, rather than arriving tired, stressed and needing lots of support. If you know you need support then please organise to come with people who you trust to provide that.
4. Personal responsibility - please share your feelings, perspectives, and requests with others people at the event. However please don’t expect others to necessarily share your views, or to do what you ask. That is their choice.
5. Proactivity - ask for what you want. There are ample opportunities to contribute and to receive, so make the most of them and if what you want is not on the menu then please add it yourself or ask if there is some else who is interested in the same thing.
6. Respect - everyone has different boundaries. Please be respectful and if in doubt ask people what experience they are up for, rather than assuming that we are all on the same page.
7. Trust - take some risks. If it feels right for you then we invite you to introduce yourself to someone new, offer a new workshop, ask for help with a project, or share a story about why you do what you do.
8. Boundaries - while we will do our best to create a high trust environment, it is important to maintain personal and professional boundaries that feel right for you. Don’t disclose information that you might regret sharing later.
9. Safety - Keep yourself and others safe. Physically, emotionally and mentally. We have a Health and Safety plan and we would love it to stay in a folder during our time together, keeping Summer Fest safe is everyone’s responsibility. Ask the host team if you need anything to ensure safety at all times.
10. Opt in, Opt out - while we always encourage people to participate fully everything about the Summer Fest is optional. You are free to participate, or pass (not participate), or to remove yourself from any activity at anytime.